2030 is around the corner, and the world’s sustainability agenda can’t wait. We have been assembling industry-leading talent into a high-performance team that aims to move the needle towards a more sustainable and equitable future.
We champion pay transparency because it embodies our commitment to equity within DevGlobal. We have a firm belief in keeping pay equal by job family, so everyone earns the same base compensation by category. By publishing information about compensation, we empower our team members with a clear understanding of how their contributions are valued, allowing us to reward their expertise and proficiency accurately. This transparency fosters a more inclusive workplace culture, where gender, race, and other biases are minimized, ensuring that individuals are recognized and rewarded for their unique talents. Pay transparency not only elevates employee morale but also helps us attract and retain top talent, ultimately driving our organization’s success and sustainability.
Check out our pay scale here.
Consultant – Operational Lead
Remote, but based in greater Seattle, WA USA area
Matt Manning, DevGlobal Founder and Board Chair
Summary of Duties
The DevGlobal “Consultant – Operational Lead” will manage a diverse array of strategic operational initiatives, optimize operational performance, and provide senior leadership support within a dynamic and globally connected organization.
$75,000 – $93,000+ USD
General Project and Program Operations and Administration
• Gather operational requirements, create and manage process workflows and deliverables
• Monitor and report on the effectiveness of operational activities, and provide data-driven process improvements for optimal company efficiency and productivity
• Facilitate operational discussions and collaborate with global teammates across many time zones
• Prepare and disseminate relevant content and materials including digital communications, employee resources, templates, guides and calendars
• Facilitate Monthly Business Reviews, utilizing data to assess effectiveness of client management and project progression, and problem-solve to improve profitability, project health and resourcing
• Facilitate development and implementation of Project Management toolkits and standards
Senior Leadership Support
• Serve as a liaison between senior leaders, board members, managers and relevant parties regarding operational initiatives, supporting a connected global strategy
• Ideate, develop and implement strategic internal initiatives, under the guidance of senior leadership
• Assist with planning and coordination for company all-team calls, meetings and events
• Provide direct assistance to senior leaders, including participating in regular meetings, supporting internal and external engagements, action tracking, decision-making, and operational deliverables
• Facilitate and assist with administrative tasks such as managing calendars, scheduling meetings and travel, and corresponding with relevant parties for operational related efforts
• Other duties as assigned
Some work areas and contribution to organizational efforts may include, but not be limited to:
Manage processes and documentation for the human resources workstream, including:
• Recruiting, hiring, onboarding, retention, recognition, learning and development
• Employee benefits, employment agreements, tax withholding, employment eligibility verification, contractor agreements and FTE conversion
• Performance management, performance reviews and improvement plans
• Utilization tracking and resource planning
• Company surveys, feedback processes and exit interviews
• Company policies and talent management standards
Perform the following tasks in collaboration with external Accounting firm and senior leadership:
• Facilitate processes and standards around time tracking, invoicing, accounts receivable, compensation, benefits, bonuses, expense reimbursements, and payroll
• Oversee company and team budgets
• Serve as a liaison between the Accounting firm and employees to promote understanding, consistency and adherence to financial processes and standards
Legal & Compliance
Perform the following tasks in collaboration with external Legal expert:
• Track and manage federal and state legal requirements
• Manage and disseminate state and federal employment resources to employees
• Support DevGlobal expansion into markets, including registering to do business and registering for required tax accounts
• Manage an organized and secure file structure, ensuring proper and compliant handling of sensitive and confidential information
• Implement quality control procedures to ensure operational, human resources, financial and legal processes are carried out in alignment with legal requirements, company policies and commitments
Systems & Tools
• Oversee management and administration of company tools and systems, such as Quickbooks, Ease, HubSpot, Harvest and Forecast
• Self-motivated, competitive mindset to apply to initiatives, programs and other work-related efforts
• 5-10+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent demonstrated work experience and Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Experience working at a consulting, professional services firm
• Experience as leader or in leadership roles inside or outside of the work setting in a team-based environment
• Experience coordinating and managing internal and/or external events
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and manage multiple projects at once
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills to identify needs, provide solutions and recommendations to address complex problems
• Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office suite
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends when collaborating with global teams
• Versatile abilities across a range of business functions such as operations, human resources, finance and accounting, legal and compliance, company growth and development
• Professional experience in non-profit, global development, social impact and/or private sector industry
• A proven track record of being able to successfully design, implement and improve operational policies, procedures and workstreams
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures
• Experience implementing and scaling initiatives across globally diverse teams
• Proficiency in other language(s) (French, Swahili, Spanish, Hindi, Portuguese, etc.)
• Familiarity with a wide selection of business management software and databases
• BSc/BA in relevant field; MSc/MA in a specialized business field
• Certified Management Consultant or Certified Project Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Self-starter who is comfortable and adaptable in ambiguous environments, with demonstrated initiative to solve problems with creativity, high energy, and a positive attitude
• Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner verbally and in writing
• Ability to distill complex concepts into easily understandable materials
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
Predominantly sedentary work in an office environment. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Interested applicants please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Director, Communications
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Salary + Performance Incentive Pay + Benefits/401K Matching
About DevGlobal Partners
DevGlobal Partners is a management consulting and professional services firm that builds teams and gets work done at the intersections of data, technology, innovation, and global development. DevGlobal has a presence in Washington, DC, Seattle, Denver, and St. Louis, as well as partners across sub-Saharan Africa. DevGlobal delivers value to non-profit, social, and global development efforts as well as enabling businesses large and small to meet strategic business goals. DevGlobal clients include large international non-profit organizations, multilateral development and humanitarian aid organizations, world renowned institutions, Fortune 500 companies, among others. Our company is helping democratize technologies and build mission-driven communities to deliver for our clients and make our impact on the world.
DevGlobal is a people-first organization. Team leadership is always focused on building a supportive, team-based working atmosphere that leverages the unique strengths, talents, and interests of each person in the company. Our DevGlobal team know that their opinions and passions matter while being flexible and responsive to the variable nature of the work.
About the Position
The Communications Director will implement a range of activities to expand the DevGlobal Partnership’s community and increase our visibility. Under the direction of the Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer, the Communications Director will develop and implement a comprehensive communications and outreach strategy consistent with the organization’s strategic plan. The Director of Communications will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives, including but not limited to our Impact Goals, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and partnership model. Success in this role will require strong instincts to “catch the moment” with the right messages and angles to advance DevGlobal’s strategic goals while prioritizing well among many tasks at any given time.
Half of the time for this role is client billable work, and therefore is best suited for someone who excels at balancing multiple demands including excellent client delivery. This role would specifically support a multi-year initiative DevGlobal is kicking off with a large government agency focused on community building across humanitarians, scientists, policymakers, technologists, and funders. With this project in mind, candidates with experience communicating about geospatial technologies (specifically Earth observation) and/or humanitarian assistance are highly desirable.
At DevGlobal, diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility are priorities not only in how we operate as a partnership but also in how we approach our client work. The ideal candidate will also have experience reaching underrepresented communities, incorporating IDEA considerations into communications strategies, and fostering inclusive and equitable community building with these approaches.
This position will include, but is not limited to, the activities listed below.
Communications & Outreach:
Useful Additional Skills
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Interested applicants please send a CV and letter of interest to HR@dev.global.