Senior Consultant / Project Manager –Geospatial Practice Area
Work Location: Remote; Occasional travel as negotiated with clients
Are you a highly skilled Project Manager with years of experience in the geospatial world? Do you believe geospatial technology can help solve the world’s most pressing issues while improving the lives of the world’s most vulnerable populations? Do you understand how GIS and remote sensing can help track and provide insights for the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals? Are you aware of the broad landscape of intergovernmental organizations, governments and implementing partners who work together to provide lifesaving aid across the world? DevGlobal is looking for a Senior Consultant/Geospatial Project Manager who can manage projects in support of our global development client base through an in-depth understanding of how geospatial technology can help reduce the data divide across the world and offer sustainable, effective solutions to make the world a better place. Sr.Consultants are the team leaders in engagements with clients across our broadportfolio. They are active in defining and creating project deliverables and conducting research in a team setting with other DevGlobal employees. Sr.Consultants are responsible for managing all aspects of client projects, stakeholder relationships, and taking ownership of end products. Sr.Consultants inthe Geospatial Practice Area are expected to leverage their geospatial domainexpertise anda thorough understanding of the state-of-the-art methods and tools used across the community to gain insightsfrom remotely sensed dataand shape the vision of client engagements.This work is focused on increasing the impact of our clients’global development programs using innovative technologies including geospatial data and tools.
Position Term: 6 Month contract/ Potential to extend or convert to FTE
Compensation: $80.00 per hour
FLSA Status: Exempt/Non-Exempt
Client-Facing Project Support and Strategy Development
- Create and manage standard project deliverables such as detailed project plans, stakeholder analysis, communications, status reports, meeting minutes or simple process workflows based on a diverse array of client needs
- Facilitate large discussions and develop processes for clients to stayinformed and make decisions using creative approaches and visually oriented activities
- Supportglobal teams including partners from varied organizations in the US, Africa, Europe, India, and Southeast Asia. This can mean facilitating meetings/discussionsacross a variety of time-zones, requiring late-night or early morning meetings a few times a month
- Use a DEI-lens when framing client problems and solutions, and when facilitating larger group discussions. We support a diverse array of clients and are focused on bringing equitable and sustainable solutions to complex problems, which requires our team to be well versed in how DEI must be woven into the DNA of our team, organization, and our relationships with clients.
- Support financial and procurement processes/reporting related to your engagements
- Conduct or oversee research production and quantitative analyses related to pressing public health challenges, specifically in vaccination planning and deployment, along with climate and agriculture-related problems such as regenerative agriculture
- Solve unstructured problems with little oversight using creativity, high energy, and a positive attitude. Successful candidate should have demonstrated experience in this.
Internal-Facing Operational Support
- Support the growth of others through formal coaching, offering brownbag trainings, or other forms of activities that add to the professional experiences of others
- Support company communications and operational growth needs
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience or equivalent demonstrated work experience and education in geospatial technology, international development, technology, or consulting sector
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to lead a team through investigating process/programmatic gaps & provide recommendations to implement changes
- Knowledge of common GIS tools including but not limited to QGIS, Arc suite of tools (ArcMap, ArcPro, etc.), ODK-based mobile applications
- The primary duties of this role relate to Project Management, so although an understanding of geospatial tools and their application is required to be successful, the majority of imagery/data analysis will be conducted by other team members
- Understanding of international development, technology for global development, and humanitarian assistance and ability to thoughtfully craft narratives to promote work
- Knowledge of / experience working with multilateral development organizations and donors such as: USAID, CGIAR, WHO, GIZ, FCDO, among others
- Knowledge of a range of typical business functions such as IT, Marketing, HR etc.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to develop processes using templates and standardized client formats or create usable standards when clients do not have them
- Training or applicable frameworks in leadership and highly effective teams
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Analytical mind with interest in data collection and analysis skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends when collaborating with global teams
- MS Office expertise, particularly high-level skills with PowerPoint and Excel, including pivot tables
- Direct working experience with and/or in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). We support multi-lateral organizations and implementing partners around the globe, so having African, Indian, South American, or Southeast Asian nationality would be very beneficial to the team and your role
- Experience with data visualization tools such as: QGIS, ArcMap/ArcPro, Esri Story Maps, Tableau, etc. including producing or overseeing creation of visualizations, dashboards, reports, memos, presentations that communicate quantitative and qualitative data in a way that informs decision making and sparks new insights for diverse audiences
- Certified Management Consultant or Certified Project Manager including PMP, CAPM, PfMP, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Proficiency in other languages (French, Swahili, Spanish, Hindi, Portuguese, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter who investigates programmatic needs & offers recommendations for change
- Basic knowledge of concepts and techniques related to geospatial ML/AI, cloud computing/infrastructure, data management, and common geospatial and statistical programming languages such as python and R
- In-depth understanding of how GIS and remote sensing are being used in the context of humanitarian use cases for global health such as microplanning, disaster planning, emergency response and climate change
- Understanding of international development, technology for global development, humanitarian assistance and an ability to thoughtfully craft narratives around these domains
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At DevGlobal we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Interested applicants should send their resume to email@example.com